At Shimla Trails, we understand that we have environmental, cultural and social responsibilities to the people that live in the regions you visit on our holidays. We wish to respect and preserve both their environment and their way of life for the benefit of future travellers like yourselves and future generations.
We also recognise that environmental pollution is probably the biggest threat to our whole Planet. This is why we promote Eco tourism to protect this beautiful planet for future generation
The principles we believe in and encourage you to support are as follows:
- Protect the environment – its flora, fauna and landscapes
- Respect local cultures – traditions, religions and the built heritage
- Benefit local communities – both economically and socially
- Conserve natural resources – from home/office to destination
- Minimize pollution – noise, waste and congestion
We will do our best to support our local community here in India, as well as those we feature on our holidays, by using local businesses where possible, such as our web designer.
Helping to protect our holiday destinations
- We benefit the local economy of the regions we offer holidays to because we seek to work with hotels and taxi companies which are local, family-run businesses. The fact that our holidays are for individuals as well as groups means that we can offer you some smaller family-run hotels.
- We try to help increase your understanding of the region you are visiting by including or offering the option to go on local excursions which provide an insight into the region’s culture, history, traditions and gastronomy.